When we started out with our unschooling journey, we felt a little like knights in shining armor freeing ourselves from our own self-imposed shackles. Hence the name of the blog.

Monday, January 26, 2009

Abundance and what it means to me

"Just want to say that there are parts of this post that are Bashar's words (see the prev post for his utube link). And i've used them in conjunction with my thoughts."

Definition of abundance: The ability to do what you need to do when you
need to do it. Period. That's it; that's abundance.

Amazingly... this simple definition encompasses many many areas for me. Money, love-connections, things i want, toys, trips, etc.. Anything i want seems to be connected to money, career changes etc.. and this does not have to be based on this definition. I feel its true within me... not quite sure if i've caught up with this idea in action... Still it rings true. What I need i shall get when I need it.

Bashar: But if you simply trust that you are abundant, and follow at any given
moment what excites you the most, then that is the most important key:
what excites you the most. Then life will support you 100% as life has
always supported you. And it will allow you to attract into your
reality whatever situations will allow you to do what you need to do
when you need to do it. If money does not come with it, then take that
as a sign that money is not necessary for that particular interaction.
If it were, it would have been there first.

Therefore, following at any given moment the situation that brings with
it the highest degree of excitement is taking the path of least
resistance -- is living an effortless life. And it will bring into your
life all the individuals and all the situations necessary to allow you
to continue to be that effortless being. That's the way life works, and
it does work that way when you let it. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!
TOO SIMPLE OR TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE!!

Back to me: So here everything i've been trained/educated for comes crumbling down. Should we not be saving money? Putting away for a rainy day? No is the simple answer within. I don't think ravi is going to fold up those college/retirement accounts just yet ;-)

I feel abundant and expansive. I want raghu to feel this expansiveness (i want to model it for him). I want to make these shifts within that allow me to truly believe in this implicitly. I already feel comfortable saying that the issues i see in the world or in people around me are actually reflections of my own issues. the issues are in me. I can't overemphasize that enough. the moment i look within and work on my letting go, staying with, observing etc of my own inner fear/trust/belief etc the outside issues disappear. it sounds subjective and very personal. it is. But this works for me.

Something in Raghu's insistent ben10 demands reflect something of my cringing, yikes-another-toy, mindset. And i need to let him live. And i trust that the money for his needs shall appear as he needs them. I cannot live his life. His needs will be fullfilled of their own accord. I'm not the sole provider. the universe takes care of us all.

raghu recently asked me what happened to the body after death, cremation, burial etc. then when i proceeded to give an expmple of everything being energy adn energy expressing itself in different forms... physical and non etc... he suddenly stopped me adn said "but don't talk about your body and death/cremation" I realised that for him death of either parent or some one close was not something he was choosing to reflect on right now. he set boundaries for me and himself. Amazing how the child knew how far, how deep he woudl travel on this day. another day another dimension.

To connect back to my abundance thread... I had a fear until reecently about his off and on conversations/questions about death, his Tathayya's (dh's dad) death, burial, cremation etc. i was not sure if i'd be able to answer. but in my new abundant, all shall be well mode... i let is go and felt sure that the answers would come when the time came. Sure enough that conversation was a lovely one. Both raghu and I were at peace and able to make sense of things in our own way.

Working from a place of fear.... saving for a rainy day type mode is something that does not beget the best results for me. It saps me of energy. energy that otherwise can be put towards what i do want. What I want in that moment. No need to think of years down the line.

Abundance of love, joy, paint, beautiful vistas, experiences, fun, laughter, positive vibes, connectedness with the earth i live on.... this is what i wish for myself. And as they said in all my old amar chitra katha books... "tathaastu" "So be it"

6 comments:

Lisa said...

love it!!!

Sandra Dodd said...

When I would talk about death when my kids were little, we would talk about pets, or I would talk about my grandparents. That seemed sufficiently removed from the fear factors for them.

I think my vision of "abundance" has to do with leftovers. The difference between an everyday meal and a feast is that feasts are SUPPOSED to have more food than everyone there could possibly eat. And then there are leftovers and people can save some and have the next day, or give it to the poor, or the pigs and the dog! But the idea that we have more than we need can be applied to love and time and space and years and it changes everything to think "This is enough," instead of "I need more!"

Hema A Bharadwaj said...

Hey Sandra, i like that analogy... i think i read it in your book or site. thanks!

Andrea said...

Just came across your blog and lost myself in it! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences. You are a bit ahead of where I am, so it is great to read about your journey and see what I have to look forward to!
A

Hema A Bharadwaj said...

Happy to have my blog be of some use :-) Happy RU'ing! Love this life, Hema

Sandra Dodd said...

Hema, I hope you will blog some more. I miss reading! I hope all are well at your house.