When we started out with our unschooling journey, we felt a little like knights in shining armor freeing ourselves from our own self-imposed shackles. Hence the name of the blog.

Monday, January 26, 2009

ABUNDANCE

Have not posted in several weeks and i am just beginning to get back into it. Time, inclination, percolating thoughts, etc are the reasons perhaps. But the lovely stuff i have to share today is worth the wait in my mind. While Ravi and I were discussing Raghu's need for new toys and whether or not to look at the money angle, how to budget etc.. typical money related conversation... i chanced upon a lovely thread and message in my radical unschooling with LOA yahoo group. I loved this lady's response so much that i think i will share it here and then in a separate post elaborate on what it means to me and Ravi in today's context.

The original thread was about rewards, punishments, allowances, paying for chores etc. Please watch the video is possible... the words matter not the manner in which they came forth:

==============================================================
I have dabbled in the past with allowance and giving the boys their
own money and it just seems to take away from our flow and living
joyously in the moment. Then they have so much focus on the
money.....It becomes this thing into their minds and it is so
abstract anyway. We are all on a team to help everyone persue their
happiness, the money focus defeats the purpose in my mind and it
limits us. Abundance is having the resources to do what you need to
do. Check out this channeled message if you like channeled info.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mz90E9e8QQ

We often will feel the vibe, find the yes or the no WRT a purchase.
My relationship has changed with money over the last year as well. I
now consider it a no-thing. I never think of things with regards to
money. It is either a yes or a no and I follow my bliss and take
action accordingly not making any rules for myself or anyone else.
I know I am exactly where I am supposed to be and doing exactly what
it is that I am supposed to be doing and my resources line up with
that perfectly, and the boys and dh as well.
==============================================================

No comments: