When we started out with our unschooling journey, we felt a little like knights in shining armor freeing ourselves from our own self-imposed shackles. Hence the name of the blog.

Monday, March 23, 2009

The acceptance

As usual Scott Noelle has expressed succinctly what i would need 4 paragraphs to....

--------------------------------------
Today, try letting go of the idea that conditions
"should" be different than they are. Simply accept
them...

"No problem... It is what it is."

But don't confuse acceptance with defeat. You can be
accepting and still desire change. And change happens
*easily* when you're at peace with What Is.
--------------------------------------

Seems like being able to truly enjoy the moment has so many shades of meaning... i'm still discovering them. All my life i've been trained to think in terms of altering things to make myself happy. So looking at it as 'we are where we need to be already" means i need new neural pathways to accept it completely :-) (Many thanks to Josha, Dayna, Scott and others who share their journeys.)

2 comments:

Urmila said...

Lovely pics of Abu Dhabi, Hema! Wow, did he really scale right up? He obviously loves heights, what with his wanting to fly and all! Join couchsurfers.com, and find out about the adventure stuff around the city. I'll try and remember to find out when I next login there.

Co incidentally I've been trying to say the same thing about what is, is and deep acceptance to many people of late, and trying to distinguish it from the defeatist giving in, to the alert acceptance with faith and trust that what is, is (best!) I"ll try and locate some stuff from mails and my book and send it to you.

See you on Sunday! Love,
Urmila.

Hema A Bharadwaj said...

urmila... please do send me those clips from your writings. I'd like to put a link on my blog to your writings. love, hema