When we started out with our unschooling journey, we felt a little like knights in shining armor freeing ourselves from our own self-imposed shackles. Hence the name of the blog.

Monday, September 14, 2009

Moving!

We are moving into another apartment... meets some more needs.... and most importantly has an upstairs adn downstairs... a duplex. Raghu has been waiting for this a long time. He misses our home in the US where he stayed till he was 4 and still remembers vividly.

So not sure how connected we'll be and when our comps and other stuff will be up and easy to use. So i'm off to plan the move now. We have started clearing out junk and the various things that need to be given away. Its lovely to do a clean out.. allows old things to breathe again. Kids are being quite open to assessing which toys are truly broken and worthy of beign fixed or given away... and which clothes they still want to keep and which can be given away. Raghu is still holding onto a night-pajama that he has been wearing since he was 3!! Its soft, well-worn and is very comforting to him. I plan on keeping it in my memorabilia-box long after he looses interest in it.

My mom sweetly kept many things... books of mine, toys clothes etc... from my childhood... but she gave away my bear.... which i still feel very sad about. I had hoped i could add it to my children's soft toy collection. But still due to her ability to move house and still carry around a large box of childhood items... i felt thrilled when she passed on things to my children and my niece. Its fun to share stories about the things with the kids. My old Saucy-Jane book about a family's life in a house-boat and how i always wanted to live in one as a child etc... made it a very special book to Raghu... he dreams of living in an RV.

No comments: