When we started out with our unschooling journey, we felt a little like knights in shining armor freeing ourselves from our own self-imposed shackles. Hence the name of the blog.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Surprise, Nana!

In the midst of a crazy evening... while caring for Zoya's ear-infection, packing, making lists and getting the kids dinner.... I decided to make myself a chopped tomato, ground pepper and feta cheese salad and pour myself a glass of red wine. I needed to sit and chill. So i did.

A while later when Z was napping (its night but she is in nap mode) Ravi came home from work looking tired. Raghu who until this point had been playing his DS for several hours jumped up and said he was making a surprise for Nana (Ravi). So Ravi went and changed and came back down and closed his eyes.

Raghu, with no help from me, had chopped a tomato, ground some pepper over the pieces and had crumbled feta into the mix. He then found the wine and poured Ravi a glass. He asked me to re-cork it. Ravi was, needless to say, thrilled and enjoyed the snack. He wanted me to write about it on the blog. So here it is.

My rough evening became smooth and I could see beyond the chaos. And I think Ravi felt less tired instantly :-)

2 comments:

Sandra Dodd said...

-=- I decided to make myself a chopped tomato, ground pepper and feta cheese salad -=-

Please come to my house and make ME some!

Hema A Bharadwaj said...

Now i can say that i definitely will. For a while there i was sure we'd have to postpone the trip after a senior Ped Doc advised cancelling the trip on the 23rd!!! We are half way there :-)