When we started out with our unschooling journey, we felt a little like knights in shining armor freeing ourselves from our own self-imposed shackles. Hence the name of the blog.

Monday, December 21, 2009

This one is for Ashwin

We, Raghu, Zoya and me, were traveling with my sister-in-law, Anagha, and her 2 boys, Ashwin and Shreyas to a rock-climbing place in NJ. We were listening to a Costco-bought Little People- Alphabet- cd from FisherPrice. One of the songs is "I'm bringing home a baby bumblebee. Won't my mommy be so proud of me."

Ashwin chimed in with a version he had heard from some girls while riding the school bus... "I'm bringing home a baby dinosaur. I hope my mommy kicks me out the door." It was silly and we all laughed. My 2 kept singing that new version for days.

Fast forward to yesterday... i had not realised how much Zoya had figured out by that one re-wording of a song. She now refuses to sing the song in the original... and wants to re-word every song and add a dinosaur or some new word... then she laughs like crazy. Its been hilarious. I think until Ashwin sang that song it had not occurred to Zoya that lyrics could be changed.... although Raghu is known to change lyrics too, just like his dad :-) I think the 'mommy kicking me out the door' bit was the part Zoya connected with!

1 comment:

Sandra Dodd said...

Oh, boy! Have I got some songs for Zoya. :-)