When we started out with our unschooling journey, we felt a little like knights in shining armor freeing ourselves from our own self-imposed shackles. Hence the name of the blog.

Sunday, January 3, 2010

bathtub tea party


We are still in Bangalore at my mom's place. Maya (my 4 year old niece) and Zoya were in the bathtub having a long soak with their toys. I had gone around the house looking for things that might interests them while playing in the tub. They are both very fond of the pool downstairs but being wintertime here the water is too cold for me and so i've been unable to take them swimming. The girls don't care about the cold water... but due to the size of the pool i can't send them in alone. Anyway due to this long tub baths have been happening every day.

I was eating some dry apricots, the kinds with smooth skin pits. I kept giving them all the pits and they used that and some oatmeal powder to create soup and tea and snacks. It was lovely to hear their conversations and catch this moment.

1 comment:

Sandra Dodd said...

Nice photo. I love kid-in-tub photos.

My first thought when I saw the blog heading without the photo was "bathtub tea:bathtub gin," but I guess "tea" went with "party," and not bathtub. Better.

We're taking your bottle of wine to Santa Fe and will toast you and Ravi and your family and your friends in India on Saturday night.