When we started out with our unschooling journey, we felt a little like knights in shining armor freeing ourselves from our own self-imposed shackles. Hence the name of the blog.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Attraversiamo and ciao for now

I may not post here for a while.  I shall try and post photos from time to time but perhaps the thoughts/experiences from our unschooling days will be on hold.  I am devoting energy to our local Ning site: http://indiahomeschoolers.ning.com/.  

I am grateful for the wonderful comments, presence of people in my life thru this blog.  This blog is also a record of sorts for my self.  But for many weeks now i have been inspired to do other things, a dispersion of energy. So i feel i must disclose my lack of intention for this blog at this time. 

Recently in Rome someone who was helping me with navigating the streets and bus choices said "attraversiamo".  His face lit up when i recognized the word.  I only got it because i have read Elizabeth Gitbert's book a few times ... in which this word is given much space.... as it is absolutely entitled to.   Its a beautiful word and it pleasantly shocked me when i heard this word from a true Roman's lips.... ah Italian... i love thee.  This lovely word means, for those of you who have not had the pleasure, "let's cross over".   So for now i cross over to other things and sides and realms.  

Metta, Hema


1 comment:

Sandra Dodd said...

Oh, no!!! I love this blog. Come back and share some Holi photos, please! If you stay with the ning, your foreign friends can't follow the adventures of Raghu and Zoya.